Skip Navigation
Town of Torrington CT
This table is used for column layout.
Social Services
Social Services

Q - Where can I obtain Social Service assistance now that the City no longer has a Social Services Department?

A - For welfare related questions, please refer to the list of state and private organizations listed below that may provide assistance to qualified candidates:

FOOD STAMPS CLIENTS: Report to your social worker at 62 Commercial Blvd.  496-6900.

The Council of Churches is not accepting Emergency Fund applications while it is undergoing administrative reorganization.  

Evictions:  All Judicial Marshals and Constables can call Emily Barbero at 489-2242 in the City’s Building Department.

Medical, Financial and general Food Stamp questions can be directed to the State’s Department of Social Services, 62 Commercial Blvd., 496-6900.

The Soup Kitchen is located at 220 Prospect Street.  482-0130.

The Salvation Army is located at 234 Oak. Ave., 482-3569

Veteran’s Issues: 489-2531

Legal Aid:  1-800-453-3320

The Community Health Center:  157 Litchfield St.  489-0931


City of Torrington CT 140 Main Street Torrington CT 06790 Tel: 860 489-2228
Website Disclaimer & Privacy Policy | Virtual Towns & Schools Website