In response to the Governor’s Executive Orders regarding COVID-19, this meeting will be held remotely using the ZOOM online meeting platform. Members of the public wishing to listen to the meeting in real time can access the meeting online or by phone. Instructions are available online at: www.torringtonct.org/zoom.
BY PHONE | Call-in phone number: 1 (646) 558-8656 | Meeting ID number: 811-4577-0227 | Dial-in Passcode: 084453
ONLINE | https://zoom.us/join | Meeting ID number: 811-4577-0227 | Password: 1JxwXH
Public comments may be submitted in writing to the City Clerk’s Office before 4:00 p.m. on Wednesday, May 6, 2020. Written comments should be sent electronically to email@example.com or by mail to the City Clerk’s Office, 140 Main Street, Torrington, CT.
- Vote to accept the minutes of the regular meeting held March 4, 2020.
- *Vote to accept the recommendation of Safer Places consultant Steve Bukoski, Chief William Baldwin, Captain Bart Barown and the Purchasing Agent to award the contract for the Surveillance Camera System upgrade at the Police Department headquarters in the amount of $94,544.38 to Mammoth Security, Inc., of New Britain, CT and authorize the Mayor to act on behalf of the City regarding the execution of the contract and its administration; pending approval from the City Council and the Board of Finance.*
- Review and discussion regarding the proposed public safety budgets for the fiscal period from July 1, 2020 to June 30, 2021.
- Vote to consider business by the Volunteer Fire Departments.
- Vote to consider business by Department Heads.
- Vote to consider business by the Mayor and Members of the Board of Public Safety.
- Vote to enter Executive Session, pursuant to CGS §1-200(6)(A) to discuss disability retirement actions for Police Department personnel.
- Vote to enter Open Session.
- Vote to consider items discussed in Executive Session.