Where do I obtain a copy of my birth certificate?
If you were born in Torrington, you may obtain your birth certificate at:
City Clerk's Office
140 Main Street
Torrington, CT 06790
How do I obtain a copy of my birth certificate?
- Present a picture identification of yourself
- Complete the request form
- Present payment by cash, check payable to the 'City of Torrington' or credit card (Visa, MasterCard, Discover +3% fee)
2. By Mail
- Download the Request Form Here and enclose it with your payment, a self-addressed envelope, and a phone number where we can reach you if we have a question
- Include a copy of your identification, be sure to state wallet or full size, and mail it to the Office of the City Clerk, 140 Main St, Torrington 06790
- If request is for a record other than your own, follow the above and also state your relationship to that person.
Who can obtain my birth certificate?
- Parents, Grandparents, Legal Guardians
- Children, Grandchildren
- Attorneys representing you
- Agents of State or Federal Agencies approved by the Dept. of Public Health, with proof of authorization
What can I do if I'm in a hurry for my birth certificate?
You can send your request via overnight delivery. Include your identification and payment, and enclose a return overnight envelope with it. Fax and Email requests are no longer accepted per State mandate.