The death certificate is filed in Torrington, if:
- The death occurred in the City of Torrington
- The decedent resided in Torrington and the death occurred in the State of Connecticut (Contact the office on the location of the death certificate if not sure.
How do I obtain a copy of a death certificate?
- In person
- By mail with a check or money order made payable to the City of Torrington
- Enclose payment along with written request on the request form: Click here to download request form
- Enclose a self-addressed stamped envelope
3. Online Requests
- Click Here to get started. Have your credit or debit card ready. Additional charges apply.
What can I do if I'm in a hurry for a death certificate?
You can send your request via overnight delivery. Include your payment and enclose a return overnight envelope with it.