In response to the Governor’s Executive Orders regarding COVID-19, this meeting will be held remotely using the ZOOM online meeting platform. Members of the public wishing to listen to the meeting in real time can access the meeting online or by phone. Instructions are available online at: www.torringtonct.org/zoom.
BY PHONE | Call-in phone number: 1 (646) 558-8656 | Meeting ID number: 815 0524 2058 | Dial-in Passcode: 878559
ONLINE | https://zoom.us/join | Meeting ID number: 815 0524 2058 | Password: 1yf2dP
Public comments may be submitted in writing to the City Clerk’s Office before 4:00 p.m. on Thursday, May 21, 2020. Written comments should be sent electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to the City Clerk’s Office, 140 Main Street, Torrington, CT.
- Presentation of the proposed THS Building project. (concept design estimates, click here)
- Presentation of the Debt Impact Analysis by IBIC, LLC Director Bill Lindsay.
- Presentation of the Bond Resolution Timeline by Sandra Dawson, Esq. of Pullman & Comley, LLC.
- Vote by City Council to adopt Resolution # 143-203, (1) authorizing the Torrington Board of Education to apply to the Commissioner of Administrative Services and to accept or reject a grant for the Torrington High School Building Construction Project at Torrington High School; (2) establishing the Torrington Board of Education as the building committee with regard to the Torrington High School Building Construction Project at Torrington High School; and (3) authorizing the preparation of schematic drawings and outline specifications, and a project scope and budget for the Torrington High School Building Construction Project at Torrington High School.
- Vote by the City Council to refer the proposed THS Building Project to the Planning and Zoning Commission for Section 8-24 review.
- Vote by the City Council to authorize the Mayor to engage Bond Counsel to prepare draft bond resolution documents for the proposed THS Building Project.