In response to the Governor’s Executive Orders regarding COVID-19, this meeting will be held remotely using the ZOOM online meeting platform. Members of the public wishing to listen to the meeting in real time can access the meeting online or by phone. Instructions are available online at: www.torringtonct.org/zoom.
BY PHONE | Call-in phone number: 1 (646) 558-8656 | Meeting ID number: 833 8890 5843 | Dial-in Passcode: 06790
ONLINE | https://zoom.us/join | Meeting ID number: 833 8890 5843 | Password: 06790
Torrington residents are encouraged to submit comments in writing to the City Clerk’s Office before 4:00 p.m. on Monday, July 6, 2020. Written comments that are sent electronically to [email protected] or by mail to the City Clerk’s Office, 140 Main Street, Torrington, CT will be forwarded to the City Council for their review and consideration in advance of the meeting.
3. Roll Call vote to accept the proposals for participation in the 2020 Neighborhood Assistance Act.
CDBG CARES Act Funding
4. Roll Call vote to approve the submission of an application to the Small Cities Community Development Block Grant – Coronavirus funding under the CARES Act (up to $170,000) for 2 additional staffing positions under the Northwest Homeless Diversion program.
5a. Vote to consider business by the Small Cities subcommittee.
Pending preliminary approval by the Small Cities subcommittee:
Affordable Housing Plan Technical Assistance Grant
6. Discussion and possible vote on the City Planner’s recommendation to submit an application to the State of Connecticut Department of Housing for the maximum grant assistance of $15,000 to help fund the preparation of an affordable housing plan and update the Torrington Plan of Conservation and Development.
Management Resolution Policy Updates
7. Vote to approve the proposed updates to the Management Resolution policies described in the Personnel Director’s memo dated June 25, 2020 including a 2% wage increase for Fiscal Year 7/1/2020 (retroactive to 7/1/2020) and increasing the Medical Insurance Employee cost share from 14% to 14.5% effective 7/1/2020.
Pride in the City
US Solar Lease
9. Presentation, discussion and possible letter of intent regarding a potential lease agreement with the United States Solar Corporation.
Contract Award: Road Reconstruction Phase 2020.6
10. Vote to accept the recommendation of the Deputy Public Works Director/City Engineer to award the contract for the Reconstruction of Various Roads Phase 2020.6 project to B&W Paving & Landscaping, LLC of Waterford, CT for the total amount of $1,284,322.85 with an expenditure allowance up to $128,432 for quantity fluctuation and contingencies and authorize the Mayor to act on behalf of the City regarding the award and execution of the contact agreement.
Contract Award: Electrical Maintenance & Repair Services
11. Vote to accept the Purchasing Agent’s recommendation to award the contract for Miscellaneous Electrical Services and Repairs to Viking Electrical Contracting, LLC of Newington, CT for the 2020/2021 fiscal year at the rate of $50/hour for Journeymen and $44/hour for Apprentice.
Contract Award: Painting of Police S.E.R.T. Vehicle
12. Vote to accept the recommendation of the Fleet Manager, Police Chief and Purchasing Agent to award the contract for the painting of the Police S.E.R.T. vehicle to DATTCO, Inc. of New Britain, CT for $12,500 with funding from the Equipment Maintenance chargeback account and authorize the Mayor to act on behalf of the City regarding the execution of the contract and its administration.
Contract Award: Crime Van
13. Vote to approve Chief Baldwin’s request to purchase a new Crime Van for the Torrington Police Department from MHQ for the total amount of $283,029.50 and authorize the Mayor to act on behalf of the City regarding the execution of the contract and its administration; pending approval by the Board of Public Safety and the Board of Finance.
Contract Award: Forensic Computer
14. Vote to accept the recommendation of Lt. Brett Johnson and the Purchasing Agent to award the contract for a Forensic and Data Recovery computer for the Torrington Police Department to HTCI EDAS Fox, LLC of Laredo, FL for $9,520 with funding through the Police Department Asset Forfeiture Account and authorize the Mayor to act on behalf of the City regarding the execution of the contract and its administration; pending approval by the Board of Public Safety.
Release of Liens
Tax Collector Refunds
17. Vote by the Board of Councilmen, herein acting as the Water Pollution Control Authority, to accept the recommendation of the Tax Collector and authorize the sewer usage refund indicated on the list dated July 6, 2020.
18. Business by Dept. Heads
19. Business by Mayor & Members