Attendance by Zoom or in-person. Instructions for joining by Zoom are available online at: www.torringtonct.org/zoom.
Meeting ID: 832 0798 9021 | Passcode: 06790 | Call-in phone number: 1 (646) 558-8656
Meeting Access Link: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/83207989021?pwd=TjdzYVhQOEJhb0xmRmFEd3QyRFExZz09
Comments from the public: Written comments that are sent electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to the City Clerk’s Office, 140 Main Street, Torrington, CT 06790 before 4:00 p.m. on the day of the meeting will be forwarded to the City Council for their review and consideration.
1. Vote to open the meeting to the public, in accordance with Section 4(e) of the City Council & WPCA Meeting Rules of Procedure. *For members of the public attending in-person only.
Contract Award: Wheelchair Accessible Van
3. Vote to accept the recommendation of the Services for the Elderly Commission and authorize the Mayor to approve the purchase of a wheelchair accessible van for the Assisted Medical Transportation Program from Matthews Buses Commercial of Orlando, FL for the expected maximum cost of $66,446 with 80% funding through the Department of Transportation’s Section 5310 grant program, as described in the Elderly Services Director’s memo dated April 27, 2021.
Contract Award: Senior Center Surveillance System
4. Vote to accept the recommendation of the Elderly Services Director, IT Director and Purchasing Agent to award the contract for the installation of a surveillance camera system at the Sullivan Senior Center to Setronics of Billerica, MA for the total amount of $11,769, with funding through donations to the Sullivan Senior Center, and authorize the Mayor to act on behalf of the City regarding the award and execution of the contract agreement.
*Contract Award: Small Cities Administrator
5. Vote to accept the selection committee’s recommendation and authorize the Mayor to award the contract for the Small Cities Community Development Program Administrator to A & E Services Group, LLC of Wolcott, CT.
Release of Liens
Tax Collector Refunds
9. Business by the Ordinance Subcommittee
Building Dept. Reports
11. Business by Dept. Heads
12. Business by Mayor & Members