In response to the Governor’s Executive Orders regarding COVID-19, all interested persons are invited to attend by phone or online using the ZOOM online meeting platform. Instructions are available online at: www.torringtonct.org/zoom.
Meeting ID number: 890 7869 4018 | Passcode: 06790
Meeting Access Link: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/89078694018?pwd=dGMzWVhTTCtXZnFRQVdoVDU1dmh6Zz09
Call-in phone number: 1 (646) 558-8656
Torrington residents may submit comments in writing to the City Clerk’s Office before 4:00 p.m. on Tuesday, February 16, 2021. Written comments that are sent electronically to email@example.com or by mail to the City Clerk’s Office, 140 Main Street, Torrington, will be forwarded to the City Council for their consideration in advance of the meeting.
- Vote to approve the minutes of the public hearing held February 1, 2021.
- Vote to approve the minutes of the regular meeting held February 1, 2021.
- Vote to approve the minutes of the special meeting held February 9, 2021.
- Vote to approve the Mayor’s reappointment of Mary Zbell as a regular member of the Coe Memorial Park Committee for a five-year term expiring on January 1, 2026.
- Vote to approve the Mayor’s reappointments of David Moraghan and Marc Trivella as regular members of the Zoning Board of Appeals for five-year terms expiring on December 2, 2025.
- Vote to authorize the Purchasing Agent to enter into a contract for the following if the price is no greater than 10% over the bid price on February 16, 2021:
- Vote to authorize the Mayor to act on behalf of the City and enter into an Owner’s Representative Services Agreement with Construction Solutions Group, LLC of East Hartford, CT for the construction of the new Middle/High School and Central Office Administration to be located at 50 Major Besse Drive.
- Vote to schedule a virtual public hearing to begin at 6:30 p.m. on Monday, March 1, 2021 for the purpose of authorizing the City of Torrington to enter into a Tax Exemption Agreement, per C.G.S. § 7-498, for certain real property and improvements located at 100 Franklin Street, Torrington, Connecticut.
- Discussion and vote by the City Council herein acting as the Water Pollution Control Authority to consider the request of Mr. Normand J. Laliberte to enter into a 5-year Installment Plan payable monthly at 2% for the payment of Capacity Reserve Fee due WPCA in the amount $17,220 for the Bad Dog Brewery. Property is identified in the Assessors Records as 117 Water Street, property Owner Midland Group LLC, M/B/L: 117/009/007.
- Vote by the City Council herein acting as the Water Pollution Control Authority to approve the following payment from Fund #490 Sanitary Sewer Capital Improvement:
- Vote to accept Corporation Counsel’s recommendation and authorize the Mayor, pursuant to C.G.S. §12-179, to release the liens described in Atty. Muschell’s memo dated February 16, 2021.
- Vote to accept the recommendation of the Tax Collector and authorize the tax refunds indicated on the list dated February 16, 2021.
- Vote by the City Council, herein acting as the WPCA, to accept the recommendation of the Tax Collector and authorize the sewer usage refunds indicated on the list dated February 16, 2021.
- Business by the Ordinance Subcommittee.
- Business by Dept. Heads.
- Business by Mayor & Members.